"Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself."– Robert G. Ingersoll
Your attorney Tania Silva was born and raised in Honduras. She migrated with her family to America seeking a better future.
Tania has a long history of community involvement. Her volunteer work includes, among others, working for U.S. veterans, survivors of domestic violence, and immigrant women and children detained in U.S. prisons. She has also served as a pro-bono attorney and resettlement volunteer for refugees seeking asylum in the United States. Tania was a student fellow with the Self Reliance Foundation and The Hispanic Council for Reform and Educational Options, and an intern for the Hispanic Radio Network.
But her most important role is that of Army wife to SFC (Ret) J. Johnson.
Tania is fully bilingual in English and Spanish and has limited working proficiency in the Arabic and Italian languages. In her spare time, Tania enjoys archery and target shooting.
Every Friday, Tania hosts a radio show that broadcasts live to southern Mexico and Central America (and to the whole world via the Internet) where people call in with their questions about immigration law. She also works on social media projects reaching the younger immigrant population with their questions and concerns.
She graduated with honors from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and holds a double major in Archaeology and Languages from the University of New Mexico.
- 2015 Chair, Immigration Law Section- State Bar of New Mexico.
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the State Bar of New Mexico.
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico.
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- An accredited attorney with the Department of Veteran Affairs.